Delivitas take on the Classic Margherita pizza recipe...
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 4 Delivita organic pizza dough
- 8 Ounce mozzarella, grated
- Handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 (28-ounce) can pelati tomatoes
- Remove the dough balls from the freezer & lay the frozen dough balls onto a tray, keep them in their separate bags, leave them in the fridge at 4ºC overnight
- The next day remove the dough from their bags carefully, dip them into a bowl full of flour & place them back onto a tray, leave them out at room temperature approx 20º C for a minimum of 1-2 hours before making a pizza. (The dough must be covered at all times with a damp tea towel to prevent them from drying out).
- Preheat a DeliVita oven, it's best to heat it for 25 minutes before cooking.
- Add tomatoes to a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt.
- Using your fingers to spread and shape your dough into a pizza shape, refrain from using a rolling pin as it will kill the yeat and ruin your pizza!
- Using a spoon to spread, put 1/4 of the sauce on the dough, and spread leaving a 1-inch border (for the crust of course!)
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the mozzarella over the sauce.
- Using a pizza peel put the pizza on the floor of the pizza oven. Bake until golden and crisp, about 90 seconds. for extra tasty-ness top with hand torn basil